Tuesday, October 16, 2007


This shot was from my first walk out to the falls with R. The drive to get there was about 15 minutes heading southwest from Julian. From the trailhead it was about 2 miles downhill to get there.

Once you got there it was a beautiful thing to see. Although it was late spring there still was some water flowing. I guess it really gets going late winter. The pool is supposedly 20 feet deep and it is FULL of fish.

The water at this point was pretty stagnant and murky. Once you swam out to the bottom ridge of the falls, you could maneuver over to the tree and grab onto a rope swing that may or may not slam you against a rock wall. R decided not to. I was relieved. I had brought a small medkit and I could only manage one fracture with it. Forget about c-spine.

The hike out is always the harder part of the journey. It's all uphill at about a 25 degree incline for those 2 miles. An excellent workout for those of us not in stellar shape (me).

I'll probably head over there in late winter or after a heavy rainfall to reshoot it.

Shot with a Canon A-1, 28mm f2.8 FD on Kodak Porta 400

-joe

No comments: