Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My First Wedding!


BW Chris0049, originally uploaded by humanparallax.

I shot my first wedding a few weeks ago. It was a neat experience to say the least. I learned a lot of the challenges and hurdles a wedding photographer has to go through.

Being a "film burner" that I am, I had two cameras strapped to my chest the whole time with my camera bag at my side. It was a nice nostalgic moment to feel the rush of trying to capture all the right moments on one camera with B&W and then the other with color film.

I'm pretty sure I burned about 5 or 6 rolls that day. It felt good to do some work that wasn't just for me.

Shot with a Canon A-1 and AE-1 using a 50mm f1.4 and a 28mm f2.8 FD. The B&W are Tri-X 400 and the color (not scanned yet) was Kodak Portra (can't remember the speed or saturation rating). The indoor shots were shot on Tri-X 400 at ISO800 but accidentally developed for ISO400. Thank God for that deep latitude otherwise I would have lost a whole roll.

-joe

No comments: